Meet The Team
Welcome to our Pre-School, we are open term time only Monday-Friday from 8:30am - 3:15pm. We are based in a purpose built foundation unit along side with Reception. We currently have 16 spaces for our morning and afternoon sessions. Our Pre-School manager Miss Richards is level 3 qualified in childcare and education and is a Designated Safeguarding Lead. Miss Cook is our Pre-School Practitioner, she is level 3 qualified in childcare and education. Both Miss Richards and Miss Cook are paediatric first aid trained.
We offer a curious, calming and caring environment for your child, all our activities are child-led with a small hint of adult-led. We follow your child's interest and extend their learning by incorporating teaching moments such as 'encouraging, questioning, modelling, demonstrating, pondering and suggesting'. We follow 'In The Moment Planning' as we believe children learn best when they are put in the centre of their learning without adults taking over their play, instead we go along with what your child is doing 'in the moment'. We provide experiences to fulfil the cultural capital of your child to ensure your child has the essential knowledge needed to be an educated citizen. We are an inclusive setting so your child's culture, religion, needs and differences will be shared and learned by us all. We understand the importance of British Values, we celebrate British festivals as well as other cultures celebrations to teach our children about equality and diversity. To support our inclusive values your child will be taught Makaton when they start with us, we may have children who struggle to communicate verbally so we believe Makaton is an important tool to learn to ensure we are all able to communicate together.
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage to ensure your child's development can reach its full potential. Our indoor and outdoor environment covers all the areas of learning to ensure your child has access to the best resources. We use an online system called Tapestry which you will receive regular observations from your child's key person. When your child starts with us you will be able to create an account to see updates on your child, we encourage you to also add photos on your child’s learning journal as we love to involve your home experiences during circle time.
As we are a Church of England setting your child will be introduced to bible stories, songs and videos based on our faith. We have a morning, afternoon and end of the day prayer which we recite everyday. We focus on one bible story a month and learn a number of songs which we sing during circle time. We join up with Reception every Friday morning to share what new things we have learnt based on our beliefs.
We offer morning, afternoon, all day and funded only sessions
Morning's- 8:30am - 11:30am
Afternoon's- 12:00pm - 3:00pm (option to stay till 3:15pm)
All day- 8:30am - 3:15pm
Funding only sessions
Morning’s 8:30am - 11:30am
Afternoon’s 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Funded All Day: 8:30am - 2:30pm
15 hours funding:
- Five Morning or 5 Afternoon sessions or mixed
- Two ‘funded all day’ session & one morning or afternoon session
30 hours funding:
- Five funded all day’ sessions
- Four 'All Day' Sessions & one Morning or Afternoon session
We currently offer 15 free hours and 30 funded hours, if you would like more information on this to check your eligibility and to apply please click on the following link:
- 'This is the best Preschool I have come across. I say this with having 2 children and having tried nurseries in Lake District, Warrington, Solihull, Warwick, and Barford. I would highly recommend this Preschool. I congratulate Miss Richards and her team on their fantastic work. Thank you.'
- 'Bea loves Preschool and we are so delighted with how well she is doing, the progress she is making and how many brilliant diverse activities you do with them all! They are very lucky to have you! Thanks for all you do.'
- 'I am happy with the provision. I especially like the themed events linked to society such as VE day celebrations.'
- 'All the activities the children do are excellent and enjoyable for the children.'
- 'Support from Pre-School with any concerns is amazing. Preschool newsletter is great for letting us know what's happening during each month especially as when asking Jack what he has been up to he always says 'I can't remember'! The range of activities is lovely to see. Love the new Library.'
- 'Flo has absolutely loved her time at Preschool- she comes out everyday very happy and sharing what she has learnt, with us at home. She has been given brilliant learning opportunities and is eager to know what she is going to learn about next. A massive thank you to the Pre-School team for everything you've done! You've smashed your first year.'
Information regarding fees, settling in, uniform and lunch menus will be attached below in our Pre-School booklet, please do have a read about all our fantastic facilities and the experiences your child will have whilst being with us at Barford St. Peter's Pre-School. Our monthly newsletters are also attached below which showcase all the amazing things we get up to during each month.
Click below to view our Pre-School booklet containing more information.
If you have any further questions regarding Pre-School please do not hesitate to send a message using this contact box, we aim to respond as quickly as possible.
We really hope you choose Barford St. Peter's Pre-School as your child’s starting point for their education. If you would like to view our wonderful Pre-School please call the main school on 01926624244, we look forward to hearing from you soon.